Tomorrow, October 15 million of children around the world is encourage to participate on the 5th Global Handwashing Day that will be held on different cities in the world.
Hand hygiene is very important not only for children but for adult alike. Proper handwashing is very important to reduce the spread of bacteria and other illnesses that causes colds and flu. Germs and bacteria are easily spread through our hands and with our two hands that catches bacteria, it can infect many people.
Our children is the most susceptible with this bacteria because they are very active, that’s why we have to encourage our children to do the proper hand washing so that they would practice this for life.
We don’t want another child to die because of illnesses that can be prevented by handwashing that’s why the right practice should be encouraged to everybody. Here in our country, Uniliver have committed their support through their Vaseline campaign, they will also be donating soaps to different schools in the country.
It’s a very simple way but it can save many lives.
When should you wash your hands?
· Before, during, and after preparing food
· Before eating food
· Before and after caring for someone who is sick
· Before and after treating a cut or wound
· After using the toilet
· After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
· After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
· After touching an animal or animal waste
· After touching garbage