Being a mother who believes in Green advocacy, it is just right to teach our kids to also appreciate nature and learn the ways to help in preserving our environment even in their early age. Although, it may be hard for them to understand the advocacy we are trying to do, making them aware starting from their childhood can make a big difference on how they view nature.
Kids today are more inclined to play indoors especially with computers. Some would even choose playing video games or watching cartoons rather than to go outside and explore the wild or sometime the most difficult part is that both parents are working and we don’t have the time to teach them to appreciate nature.
There are many ways on how we can teach our kids to appreciate nature and to have a deeper love for Mother Earth, below are just some of the simple ideas you can do;
- Encourage them to play outside. If you have a garden, you can teach them how to plant trees.
- Go to a nearby picnic or at the beach and let them appreciate the beauty of surroundings.
- Take them to a hike! Walk in the woods with them or visit a nearby community garden or a wildlife ;
- Teach them to be an observer of nature.
- Participate on Earth Day!
What else do you think you can teach your child to appreciate nature? Share your green ideas with us. read more
To learn more about green living ideas, subscribe to our e-mail now
Thank you for joining Green Monday. Don’t forget to visit other entry and leave a comment to spread green living.