We know that footprint are the images that left behind when we walk forward or backward but I only knew carbon footprint recently when i vow myself that i would like to help our Mother Nature in my own simple way and that’s when i came across carbon footprint. Carbon footprint are the numbers that represent or measure how much carbon dioxide (CO2) you produce just by going about our daily lives.
There are two types of carbon footprint, the direct and the indirect. Direct are the direct emissions of CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels including domestic energy consumption and transportation, examples are cars, planes, trains) while indirect are the measure of the indirect CO2 emissions from the whole lifecycle of products we use – these are generally associated with their manufacture and eventual disposal.
Our carbon footprint is very important and as much as possible should be very low to help save our Mother Earth. There are many organizations who encourage people to lessen their carbon footprint and share tips and ways how we can lessen them just like increasing home’s energy efficiency and driving less.
There are many ways you can help reduce your carbon footprint and here are just some of the few that you can apply on your everyday life. These are just simple way but it can help that much if we practice them.
- Turn your appliances off when not in used. (television, computers, dvd player, radio, speaker)
- Fill your kettle with water that you only need, this can help save water.
- Hang your clothes outside rather than using the dryer, you can save electricity and time too.
- Do your grocery in one shopping. List the things you needed so you will not forget them.
- Recycle your water. (You can still use the water from your laundry as water to clean your washroom or your house)
- use the public transport once in a while( for those who have cars)
- if you are going to a near place, go walk (it can also help circulation of your body)
- do the things you can do at home( instead of going to a salon, you can do your foot scrub, face scrub at home)